The AFCOS Network has been established by Decision 92/2008 of the Government of the Republic of Croatia, establishing also the responsible persons who are to represent their bodies in the AFCOS Network and defining the tasks of the bodies in the AFCOS Network.
The AFCOS Network is established to achieve the full operativeness of the AFCOS system, with the aim of protection of the European Union's financial interests.
The AFCOS Network comprises the representatives of:
• The Ministry of Justice
• The Ministry of the Interior
• The Ministry of Economy, Labor and Entrepreneurship - the Public Procurement System Department
• The Ministry of Finance - Tax Department
• The Customs Administration
• The Financial Police
• The Sector for Budgetary Supervision
• The Central State Management Office
• The State Audit Office
• The State Attorney's Office of the Republic of Croatia.
The tasks of the AFCOS Network are the following:
- cooperation with the Ministry of Finance -Independent Department for Combating Irregularities and Frauds and the European Commission's Fight Against Fraud Office (OLAF), related to issues of protection of European Union's financial interests;
- participation in the implementation of the Action Plan for the enhancement of the AFCOS system and the monitoring and enhancement of the effectiveness of the implementation measures of the Action Plan for the enhancement of the AFCOS system;
- participation in the drafting of the Fight Against Fraud Strategy with the aim of protection of European Union's financial interests and the Action Plan for its implementation;
- proposing of legislative and other measures with the aim of efficient protection of European Union's financial interests;
- strengthening of interinstitutional cooperation and exchange of data with the bodies included in the Irregularities Reporting System (bodies which manage and use EU assistance funds) in the cases of reporting of suspicion of fraud and/or corruption or some other form of irregularity in the system, with the aim of protection of Europen Union's financial interests;
- development of training programmes and proposing of new training measures in accordance with the needs of the bodies in the AFCOS Network;
- gathering, monitoring and analyzing data on the measures undertaken in the AFCOS system;
- reporting to the Ministry of Finance - Independent Department for Combating Irregularities and Frauds from its area of activity.
|AFCOS network bodies||31.78 KB|